The disclosure by the Indianapolis Star of raunchy e-mails Ivy Tech board member Bruce Walkup sent to others, including then-DNR Director Rob Carter over a one-year period, has resulted in Walkup's resignation from the board he once chaired. Walkup's resignation occurred after Gov. Mike Pence condemned his e-mails earlier in the day, although he refused to say whether he would ask for his resignation. According to the Star, Walkup released a short resignation statement this evening. “I have informed the Governor’s office that I am resigning from my position on the board of trustees effective immediately,” the statement said.
Gov. Pence tells the Star that he has asked the state's Inspector General David Thomas to investigate whether any state ethics rules were violated in special hunting privileges Carter handed out to Walkup while he was pursing a high-paid job in charge of security for Ivy Tech. State House observers have to laugh at the idea Thomas is going to do anything. After all, virtually every noteworthy complaint that has been filed with his office for investigation falls into a deep hole never to see the light of day again. I frankly can't recall a single thing he's done since Gov. Mitch Daniels appointed him to the newly-created office that justifies his existence. I honestly believe that he sees it as his job to cover up embarrassing scandals that would paint the administration in a bad light. He's certainly done little to root out corruption in state government. Any source
No comments:
Post a Comment