Monday, August 26, 2013

Growing Your Business in 2013 - Grow Up

What did you want to be when you grew up?  Did you want to be a teacher, a chef, an astronaut, or maybe you wanted to be a movie star?  I wonder if you are what you dreamed of being when you grew up.  I’m not.  I never thought about being a motivational speaker or an executive coach.  I worked for a speaker and I remember being in the audience and thinking to myself,  “I could do that” and the rest is history. 
I follow Seth Godin, author of the Purple Cow and marketing expert.  He says, “No kid sets out to make Doritos commercials. No one grows up saying, ‘I want to go into marketing.’  More than ever, though, folks grow up saying, ‘I want to change the world.’ More than ever, that means telling stories, changing minds and building a tribe. You know, it’s marketing.”
Building your tribe is the most important piece of marketing your biz.  I tell my clients all the time, gathering a crowd will be the hardest piece of running a successful event or building your tribe of customers for your biz.  It’s easy to make a magnificent cake, it’s another thing to teach customers to love it, buy it and, most importantly, talk about it. 
This new generation of business owners just might be dreaming about changing the world but without the ability to tell your story and build a tribe nothing will change. 
Did you know....
Growing ur Tribe is key.  How do you do it?  I will give you ideas in my next article, THE TRIBE.
Reinvention is exponential - the time to reinvent is when you are growing.
“You’re either growin’ or your dyin’," CEO of Roto Rooter
Today’s version of cold calling is LinkedIn, bet you didn’t dream about that.
Remember the movie Peter Pan?  He sang the song, I Won’t Grow Up..... sing along, ‘I’ll never grow up, I’ll never grow up, I don’t wanna to be a man, I don’t wanna be a man,  I’ll never grow up, never grow up, not me.”  Sing louder!  This song is upbeat, fun and appealing to the masses, just like your biz should be, you may have grown up but there’s still time for dreamin.  DREAM BIG - DREAM OFTEN AND NEVER GROW UP.
Check out my new You Tube page at www.youtube.com/caroltalks.
Carol serves as a featured writer for the Home News and the Lehigh Valley Chamber Blog. Carol is an accomplished professional speaker, coach and educational consultant specializing in innovative leadership, outrageous fundraising, million dollar marketing, and building organizational alliances throughout the country.  Carol’s creative  leadership with bullet proof ideas for recruiting MORE MEMBERS, MORE MONEY AND TER LEADERS. www.caroltalks.com 610-442-4545 tellkids@aol.com  Like Carol on  Facebook at Caroltalks and CarolCoaches!  Carol S. Ritter, Immediate Past President, National Speakers Association Philadelphia

Article any source

No comments:

Post a Comment