Monday, April 30, 2012

Growing Your Business: Kick It Up

Here's the latest in our series from Carol Ritter of Carol Talks: Kick It Up.  Specifically, this one deals with how to accelerate your marketing efforts - it's an interesting concept.  Enjoy!

---

Growing Your Small Business in 2012- Grow Your Business - Kick It Up

I’m sitting on an airplane flying to Florida to speak and then take some time for R&R. Even though I selected an aisle seat, when I got to the desk to check in I learned the airline gave me an unconfirmed seat which meant I had to pay another $15.00 confirm the aisle seat.  I wondered how I ended up with an unconfirmed seat. Then she explained that the “fine print” on the reservation stated that the seats were not confirmed.  Does this sound like a scam or a kicked up marketing strategy to drive more revenue to the airlines?  You decide!

I’m not a special case, just need to have an aisle seat because since I was a child I have trouble sitting still and I don’t want to annoy the other passengers by crawling over them, bumping into them or maybe even spilling my drink.

Shhhhh, it’s time to listen, the flight crew is about to announce the launch of a new airline credit card.  If you sign up today you will get 40,000 miles, which in layman’s terms amounts to two free roundtrip airline tickets, which go into affect the first time you use the card, even if you only spend a dollar.  The interesting part of this is that the last time I flew you got 20,000 miles for the same deal.  Oh my goodness, they kicked it up a notch.  Should I do it? I don’t want another credit card, but I would like those free tickets.  That’s the dilemma we all face when offered a kicked-up deal.

What about your business?  Have you ever kicked it up a notch?  Do you give your customers options that entice them, peak their curiosity or maybe even give them an incentive to say to their  friends, “Did you hear about the fabulous deal at XYZ business?”  The power of word of mouth, it’s so simple and so necessary for you to be successful.  The word of mouth epidemic is possibly the most important piece to a revenue generating business.  You may want to try a new idea or strategy to kick your business up a notch. What do you have to loose? If you fail consider it a glitch or a bump in the road and get up and try again.

How about you Kick It Up a Notch, today! Design a kicked up marketing strategy to start your very own word of mouth epidemic today.  The Tipping Point, my favorite book, is a must read for any business that wants to be successful. Pick it up today!

One another note, how about outlawing the “fine print”? Don’t notice it, can’t read it and it’s used as an excuse to give the consumer bad news

Carol is an accomplished professional speaker, coach and educational consultant specializing in remarkable leadership, outrageous fundraising, million dollar marketing, and building organizational alliances throughout the country.  Carol’s innovative strategies provide leadership with bullet proof ideas for recruiting MORE MEMBERS, MORE MONEY AND BETTER LEADERS. www.caroltalks.com 610-442-4545

Article any source

No comments:

Post a Comment