Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Jim Rogers interview at Barron's Online

Haven't had a chance yet to take a good look at this week's Barron's, but I do know that there is a new Jim Rogers interview at Barron's Online, thanks to a post at the Lew Rockwell blog.

Here's an excerpt from that piece:

"Recently, Rogers talked to Barrons.com by phone from his Singapore home.

Q: When you last did a lengthy interview with Barron's magazine a year ago (see "Light Years Ahead of the Crowd," April 14, 2008) you were lightening up on emerging markets investments. Well, you called that one right. But now that many of those markets have fallen from their highs of recent years, are you more optimistic?

A: No. I've sold all emerging markets stock except the ones in China. I bought more Chinese shares in October and November during the panic, but I have not bought China or any other stock markets including the U.S. since then.

I'm not buying anything in China right now because the Chinese market ran up maybe 50% since last November. It's been the strongest market in the world in the past six months and I don't like jumping into something that has been that run up. Still, I'm not thinking of selling these stocks either. I think if it goes down I'll buy more. I think you will find that it's the single strongest market in the world since last fall."

Good stuff, and there is more on Rogers' continued fondness for the commodity sector, the outlook for US bonds, and his thoughts on China's rise to power and prominence on the world stage, and what that could mean for investors and young people today.

Speaking of Jim Rogers and China in the 21st century, if you haven't already seen Rogers' recent interview with UK Channel 4, I highly recommend it. Check it out when you have a few moments to spare. Any source

No comments:

Post a Comment