Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Grow Your Business:

Another day, another blog entry from Carol Ritter of CarolTalks.  This one is about branding - a subject I know many small business owners struggle with.  Yes, branding is for your business - no matter how big or small.

Enjoy!
---


Branding a small business is not only necessary but vital to your success.  I always think of friends and colleagues who had a wonderful idea, a magnificent product, but they didn’t understand or even give a thought to branding and marketing the business.  I was just working in Pittsburgh and our client graciously took us to dinner at the very top of Mt. Washington.  The view was breathtaking and the Monterey Fish Grotto was magnificent.  As we walked to the restaurant I noticed a billboard that jumped out at me.  It was a picture of a man pointing right at me.  It was large and dynamic to say the least.  The “BRAND” on the billboard was Best Lawyer in Pittsburgh.  My first thought was, “Who says he’s the best lawyer?” and my second thought was if I need a lawyer in Pittsburgh, I’m going to him.  Branding is created to get the word out, to build a word of mouth epidemic around your business and to teach your prospective clients who you are and what you are good at.  Branding is about teaching the world to remember your product.  “You’ll wonder where the yellow went when you brushed your teeth with _________”.   I know for sure I don’t want to hire the worst lawyer in Pittsburgh and during my visit his was the only billboard I saw advertising that kind of service.

So, what can you do to be the Best Something in the Lehigh Valley, here are some Caroltalks tips.....
1. Identify what you are the best at doing
2. Place your brand everywhere, place your business  ‘dots’ throughout the community
3. Commit an outrageous amount of time to networking and marketing your product
4. Ask others for written testimonials, it’s always better if someone else says you are the best
5. Use the internet, use social media,use the press, sponsor events where your clients hang out
6. Joining the Chamber isn’t enough, you need to leverage their $5,000 in benefits
7. Barter with other businesses
8. And, eat, sleep and drink your brand, when I see you in the community I want to know what you do immediately
9. Buy stuff with your brand on it, t-shirts, hat, pens, mugs become a logo nazi

I know for sure that when I need services, I want to hire the BEST in the Lehigh Valley.  Just because you’re great at making cupcakes, doesn’t mean you are great at selling them.

Carol is an accomplished professional speaker, coach and educational consultant specializing in remarkable leadership, outrageous fundraising, million dollar marketing, and building organizational alliances throughout the country.  Carol’s innovative e leadership with bullet proof ideas for recruiting MORE MEMBERS, MORE MONEY AND BETTER LEADERS. www.caroltalks.com 610-442-4545 tellkids@aol.com


Article any source

No comments:

Post a Comment